Remote and distributed work are here to stay – and technologies like augmented reality are helping employees and customers stay connected and resilient, even when they are not in the same place.
Vuforia Chalk is a simple, powerful remote assistance and collaboration application for experts to provide real-time guidance more effectively to technicians or end-customers facing complex or unfamiliar challenges.
Vuforia Chalk provides users an efficient and streamlined way to share expertise and collaborate in augmented reality.
What is Vuforia Chalk?
Vuforia Chalk is an AR App that the front-line worker uses on a mobile phone or tablet to request help from an expert at another work site, at a corporate office, or even at home. From a mobile, tablet or desktop, the remote expert can see, and digitally annotate, the on-site worker’s physical work environment using their finger or a mouse, with those annotations remaining attached to the physical objects involved even as the worker moves.
For whom is Vuforia Chalk?
Vuforia Chalk is the ideal fit for industrial enterprises that service and operate expensive and complex assets such as heavy equipment, industrial machinery, aircrafts, process equipment, remote assets, etc. These organizations have a critical need for expert remote assistance — such as scenarios where service and downtime are expensive, and the experts who can help fix problems are not available onsite.
Some examples of Manufacturing are
- Electronics & High-tech
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Medical Devices
- Machine Builder
- Food & beverage
Vuforia Chalk – Benefits
Vuforia Chalk is a new and powerful way to communicate and collaborate remotely — in the moments when accuracy and efficiency really matter to your bottom line. Chalk is as simple as an app – drawing with your finger on a live video call.
- Best-in-class: Powered by Vuforia Engine, Chalk has the best tracking technology for a high-quality AR experience
- Competitors only offer point AR solutions; PTC is the only vendor that provides a wide array of AR solutions applicable to a variety of use cases
- Chalk combines advanced AR technology with real-time video to provide the best remote service experience on mobile
- PTC’s industrial heritage equips it to bring the expertise & products required to face the problems that resonate with manufacturers
- PTC’s size & history puts it in a position of strength and credibility over much of the competitive landscape made up of smaller software vendors
- The decrease time to resolution means less downtime, less travel and lower cost to your customer
- Immediate remote assistance and ‘scale’ for the experts in your customer’s organization, scaling expertise when & where it is needed
- More precise and effective communication & collaboration in challenging and stressful moments for technicians or frontline workers. Save money and time by getting jobs done right the first time
- Reduce training time and make technicians more effective in the field, faster
- Out-of-the-box solution, no special equipment or custom development needed
Vuforia Chalk Minimum Requirements
- Expert over-the-shoulder support for remote technicians
- No special equipment required – works on tablets, smartphones and desktop
- No disruption to existing process – can use alongside existing workflows
- Provide annotated guidance on the real-world view of equipment
- Enterprise user management and reporting
- Remote assistance and AR guidance
- Expert can give guidance from a desktop
- Experts can connect with anonymous users outside of their organization
Vuforia Chalk – How It Works:
- Chalk packages Vuforia’s powerful computer vision and real-time audio/video into a single application
- 3D environment mapping allows annotations to “stick” to objects in the physical world
- Anchored digital annotations increase accuracy & precision, enabling improved communication between users
- Chalk Host permissions allows a user to “host” a Chalk session through a code when participants do not need a license or account
- A web-based version of the application is available for remote experts or call centre representatives on desktops/laptops
- Chalk for Hands Free Devices are available for RealWear HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1
Vuforia Chalk for Desktop feature
PTC Vuforia Chalk is the world’s leading AR remote collaboration app. Now, with the Chalk for Desktop feature, and the ability to generate Connect Codes remote experts can collaborate with field technicians faster and more easily than ever.
Vuforia Chalk: Multi-Expert Sessions
Resolve onsite problems quickly, effectively, and remotely with Vuforia Chalk’s multi-expert sessions capability, which allows your organization to connect multiple tiers of expert support within a single Chalk session.
Which plan is best for you?
- if you need Chalk to support intra-company communication (between divisions, departments or teams within the same Company).
- You do not need Desktop Support, Hands-Free Device Support, or Multi-Expert Sessions
(Example Use Case: Factory Experts need to connect with factory operators within the same company)
- if you want to use Chalk both internally and externally. The Connect Code functionality allows you to support users who may or may not be part of the same Company.
- You need additional functionality such as Desktop Support, Eyewear Support, and Multi-Expert Sessions.
(OEM Experts can host sessions with both internal and external technicians and customers)
Note: You can purchase both packages to have Standard Users and Premium Users in the same Chalk instance. Customers who have purchased the ‘Standard Package’ can add the ‘Premium Package’ if needed. If you want to buy only Premium licenses you don’t have to buy Standard licenses as well. These are two separate license plans that can be purchased separately or you can purchase both.
Vuforia Chalk for Handsfree Devices allows field technicians to access remote expertise while staying hands on with their fix. Supporting devices such as the Realwear HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1, Chalk remains the gold standard for AR enabled remote support.
Vuforia Chalk 30-day FREE Trial
Brodbot has partnered with PTC to offer a free 30-day trial of Vuforia Chalk in response to increasing market demand for remote assistance solutions. You will be able to request 5 Premium licenses for Vuforia Chalk and receive free access for 30 consecutive days after your account is provisioned. After 30 days, you will be stepped down to a limited access plan with only 10 sessions per month and access to fewer features.
Want to instantly connect your frontline employees, field technicians, or customers with a remote expert?
Contact us or start a free trial of Vuforia Chalk here to experience the power of #AR remote assistance today.
We hope that your team finds it to be a valuable and easy to use application of AR.